BGP hands-on training
The BGP hands-on training consist of one day, starting at 10:00 and
finishing around 16:00.
In the morning we'll go over BGP theory, covering the following topics:
- IP addresses and CIDR
- Types of routing protocols
- What is BGP and how does it work
- ASes and AS numbers
- Multiprotocol BGP (IPv6)
- Filtering routes
- Internet exchanges and route servers
- The BGP route selection algorithm
- Influencing BGP (traffic engineering) - external
- Peer groups
- Tools (whois, looking glasses)
- MD5 passwords
In the afternoon we'll be trying out the theory that
was covered earlier by configuring BGP on a router
and connecting to a simulated internet exchange.
The trainer is Iljitsch van Beijnum and the
course materials consist of a handout of the
presentation used and a copy of the book
Currently, there are no dates planned of this training.